Friday, October 07, 2011

Stashing Down: Dolcetta

Stashing down with Fleece Artist Merino 2/6, colorway Pixie


Does sock yarn count as stash?    I admit to four all-purpose bags full, although there might be five.

Whether or not stockpiling sock yarn is guilt-free, this skein of  Fleece Artist Merino 2/6 didn't hang out in my stash for more than a month.    Along came a KAL for the Dolcetto shawlette from Knitcircus.  It was a simple matter of opening my cedar chest, pulling out the plastic bags stuffed with sock yarn, and choosing what I liked best that day.




But now I might need a hat to go with this Dolcetto shawlette.  Winter is coming.  This is Wisconsin.  It gets cold.  I'm out of this yarn.  My source for this yarn is out of this colorway.  What to do, what to do ...

Go to the local yarn store!  See if they don't have something that coordinates.

 But of course.  The stash that goes down must come up again.  I'll show you what I found on Monday.

2 comments:

Thomasina said...

beautiful colors!! Keep knittin' :)

cleoj386 said...

Pretty delicate purple!